It's a time full of excitement, joy, and overwhelming emotion...bringing home a newborn baby is a wonderful celebration. The last thing you need to worry about on that first week home with your new baby is cleaning! You want to make sure that your baby isn't exposed to overwhelming dust or toxins in their new home. Here are two areas to focus on before your newborn arrives. (Even if you're not expecting a new addition in your family, do you know someone who is? A professional house cleaning from Golden Shine makes a wonderful gift to the new family!)
Focus on the floors
In just a few short weeks, you'll be spending plenty of time on the floor with your baby. This means that you'll want to make sure they are super clean and free from dust. For hardwood floors, do a thorough cleaning (especially underneath couches and along baseboards) to get rid of the dust. For carpeted areas, vacuum all areas-even those hard to reach corners.
Eliminate germs from important surfaces
Disinfect surfaces, especially in the kitchen, bathroom, and other areas where your newborn will be spending time. If you will prepare the baby's food in the kitchen, you want to make sure that this area is clean, germ-free, and free from clutter.
Most importantly, enjoy spending time with your new addition! Give us a call at 858-705-4115 to take care of the cleaning.
Father's Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate Dad than to throw a BBQ in the backyard and enjoy the beautiful weather with friends and family? Even though your patio is technically outdoors, it still deserves the occasional cleaning. Use these tips to ensure that your patio is looking great for Father's Day.
• De-clutter the patio. As with any outdoor space, the patio can easily become a storage spot for miscellaneous garden tools, bicycle helmets, beach gear, and more. Organize these items or put them back in their proper space. This will immediately make your patio look more spacious and inviting for your BBQ guests.
• Give it a rinse! Once the clutter is gone, use a broom or hose to remove any excess dirt, leaves, sticks, or other debris from the area. You'll be surprised at the amount of dirt that can pile up in the tiniest of outdoor spaces.
• Eliminate those pesky weeds. We all have them. Those annoying little weeds that seem to pop up in the most difficult to reach places. Grab your gardening gloves and get to work pulling out those weeds.
• Give the grill a shine. Don't forget about the actual BBQ grill. Depending on the type of grill, use soapy water or a stainless steel cleaner to give the exterior a shine. Most importantly, be sure to clean off the wire grill inside-a dirty grill can make even the most delicious food taste terrible.
Now you can focus on Dad and enjoy the celebration in your clean outdoor space. After the party, give us a call to take care of tidying up the mess!
In sunny San Diego, it's always a good day to go to the beach, especially as the weather starts to warm up and everyone gets in beach mode. We start thinking about sinking our toes in the sand as early as April! The only downside is the endless sand that gets tracked into your home afterwards. Here are a few tricks to keep the sand at the beach:
1. Use mesh bags: Take your towels, clothes, magazines, etc. to the beach in wide-knit mesh bags. Make sure to shake them well before getting in your car to head home. This will prevent any sand from trapping in the bottom of your bag and spilling out when you get home to empty your bags.
2. Have a hose ready: Leave a hose out for when you get home. Rinse yourself off as well as any swimsuits or shoes, and dry yourself with clean towels. Also rinse off any beach toys to put back in storage.
3. Go straight to the garage: Take any clothes and towels straight to the garage or laundry room and throw them in the wash right away. That way, you don't have to worry about sand getting tracked through the house.
4. Keep a storage bin in the garage or outside: Store your beach toys in a bin outside, or take them straight to the garage. That way, sand isn't being tracked through the home when you bring the toys in, and sand isn't being stored and tracked around when the next beach day comes.
5. Shake out in the bathtub: If you're still wearing sandy clothes or swimsuits, take yourself straight to the bathroom and shake out in the tub. Rinse out your clothes and then take them to the washing machine.
6. Vacuum: There's always that one bit of sand that finds its way into the car and house. The only way to take care of it at that point is to vacuum. You can use a handheld vacuum to target the sandy areas and go over them a few times.
Follow these easy steps to stop your house from turning into a beach. You'll get the most out of your beach days without the hassle of coming home and having to clean immediately. Now you can spend those extra hours enjoying an evening BBQ or pool party.
You may have a small home office that you use for personal business or you may even run a larger business out of the home; either way, it's important that your office is a quiet, clean, and organized space. This will help boost your creativity and make you more productive. We've come up with a few tips to help you turn your home office into an ideal work environment.
1. Keep it organized.
One of the keys to an efficient work environment is to stay organized. There are many approaches to organization, and you need to go with whatever works for you. Some people like to work with filing cabinets and folders, while others keep a unfinished business shelves on their desks. Whatever your preference, make sure everything is labeled and kept in it's rightful place.
Pick up a couple containers to hold your pens, paper clips, scissors, and other office supplies. This definitely beats having this stuff strewn all over your desk. If you don't use something daily, it should be stored away. Organize your supplies and put them in desk drawers or someplace easily accessible.
2. Keep it clean.
Wipe your desk off at least once a week and remember to dust your shelves. It's also a good idea to sanitize your computer, mouse, keyboard, and phone to prevent spreading any bacteria. Wipe down your computer monitor and use an air canister to clean your keyboard and other equipment.
A clean office will do wonders for both your state of mind, and your productivity.
3. Make your work space distraction free.
Keep distractions at bay. Take everything that is not work related off your desk. We're talking about magazines, coffee mugs, souvenirs, etc. If you're going to be distracted by your cell phone or the television in the background, just turn them off. Don't let your office get cluttered with toys, storage, or other things that will break your focus.
Make sure to clean your office and conduct a quick organizing session at regular intervals. This will keep things from piling up, and will help you avoid falling back into old habits.
By following these tips, you should find that your office is a cleaner, brighter, and much more pleasant place to work.
Golden Shine Cleaning Agency is a domestic referral agency based in San Diego. We will work around your schedule to provide all your house cleaning needs at affordable prices. Instead of having to invest your own precious time and energy in housekeeping duties, let our qualified and professional independent housekeepers work their magic on your home or office and show you what the "WOW Factor" truly means.
To learn more about us or to receive a free quote for your cleaning, visit our website at GoldenShine.com