One of the more difficult household chores is getting streak free mirrors and windows every time you clean them. Here are a few tips to get your glass perfectly clean, each and every time.
1. Direct sunlight will dry windows quickly and leave streaks. So wait until a cloudy day or towards the end of the day when there is no direct sunlight.
2. It may seem old fashioned, but newspaper works remarkably well for getting your windows and mirrors streak free. Unlike paper towels, newspapers won't leave lint on the window. Just make sure you use gloves to keep any ink off your hands.
3. For best results use a squeegee or hand held wiper. Start from one side and go across the glass in one single evenly pressured stroke. Then wipe the squeegee blade clean with a lint free cloth before starting on the next stroke.
4. When drying your windows, start outside and use side-to-side strokes, then move inside and dry them using up-and-down strokes. This will let you see if you left any streaks, and will also tell you which side of the window they are on, based on the streak's direction.
5. Make a great all-purpose window cleaner by combining 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. It works great, and is great for the environment.
6. For stubborn grime that just won't come off, use a razor blade to scrape it away. Just don't use this method on tempered glass, or you run the risk of scratching it.
Golden Shine Cleaning Agency is a domestic referral agency based in San Diego. We will work around your schedule to provide all your house cleaning needs at affordable prices. Instead of having to invest your own precious time and energy in housekeeping duties, let our qualified and professional independent housekeepers work their magic on your home or office and show you what the "WOW Factor" truly means.
To learn more about us or to receive a free quote for your cleaning, visit our website at GoldenShine.com