Does the unexpected ring of the doorbell send you into panic mode?
1. 15-minute power clean: load dishwasher, wipe counters, swish toilet bowl.
2. Make cleaning fun!
3. Spread inexpensive throws on couches and chairs to collect pet hair. When you expect company, whisk the blankets away to show off pristine furniture.
4. Keep mirrors, windows, and tabletops clean and shiny for big visual impact.
5. When you only have minutes before guests arrive, focus on the guest bathroom and the public living space and leave everything else.
6. De-clutter according to the .
7. Quick messy kitchen fix: put dirty dishes in the dishwasher or oven to hide them away–but don’t forget to remove them before preheating the oven!
8. Perform clutter patrol every day: gather two laundry baskets and a trash bag. Collect dirty or misplaced clothing in one basket, misplaced items and toys review in the other, and put trash in the trash bag. Put the baskets out of sight for company or start a load of laundry and put misplaced items back into their places.