People often complain that it’s impossible to get on top of their housework, they feel like they’re constantly playing “catch up” and their home is rarely ever really clean.
Many times this is simply the result of not staying on top of every day living and allowing things to get to an unmanageable level. Here are a few tips for running a clean home as opposed to letting your dirty home run you ragged.
All these things will take a couple extra minutes here and there, but will save you time in the long run and help you enjoy a cleaner home.
– Discipline yourself to clean up after yourself immediately. Hang up or hamper your clothes as soon as you change, don’t just drop them on the floor. Those clothes will add up to a giant pile eventually.
– Do a quick wipe down of your fridge before putting away the week’s groceries. That will save you from having do deep clean your fridge as often.
– Do a blitz bathroom cleaning every other day. Windex the mirrors, do a quick wipe down of the sink and use paper towels to wipe down the toilet.
– Do a little multi-tasking while you’re cooking. Waiting for the bread to toast? Take a couple moments to wipe down the small kitchen appliances or the fronts of the kitchen cupboards. Don’t watch the water boil, do a quick fridge check and get rid of any old or spoiled food.
– Hire a maid service to clean your home monthly or bi-weekly. They can get to the things you just don’t have time for, like the baseboards, windows, fixture dusting, etc. It’s well worth the cost.