Think your home could use a spring cleaning, but don’t know where to start? Our top five cleaning tips for the kitchen can jumpstart your spring cleaning efforts.
1. Wipe down and spot clean surfaces. Cabinet and cupboard surfaces in particular often get neglected in the day-to-day cleaning, so wiping them down will bring a whole new shine to your kitchen. Other oft-forgotten surface areas are above the refrigerator, stove, appliances (such as the front of the dishwasher or microwave), and high shelves.
2. Next stop, the fridge. Seeing as this is where you keep your food, it’s pretty important to keep it fresh and bacteria free. Take this opportunity to clear out any old food, and wipe down the walls, shelves and inside any drawers with your favorite disinfectant. When you’re finished, place an open box of baking soda on the top shelf of your fridge. This will help reduce any future unpleasant odors.
3. The oft-neglected garbage can is our next target. Without regular cleaning, your trash can will stink up the entire kitchen. Just use a little Simple Green, and clean your trash can inside and out. This should help get rid of any residual odors, and will go a long way to keep your kitchen smelling fresh.
4. Dish racks are notorious for collecting water and grime, and it’s important that you clean them regularly. Go ahead and give your dish rack a little TLC.
5. Do something special for your floors with a sweep, mop, and polish. A good oil soap can be an inexpensive option to help improve the overall appearance of your wood floors. Oil soap won’t work on faux wood however, so test it first on an inconspicuous area to make sure it doesn’t leave your floor sticky.
Follow the above steps, and you will find your kitchen thoroughly transformed. Happy spring cleaning!