One of the most noticeable aspects of your home is how it smells. Nothing is more welcoming than a home that smells fresh and clean, while a home that smells musty and dirty can have quite the opposite effect.
We’ve included some tips below to help you keep your home smelling its best.
1. One of the simplest and easiest ways to air out your home is to open up a few windows on opposite sides of your house. This will allow air to circulate through your home and will get rid of any stale air.
2. One of the primary sources of bad smells is your trash can. Putting down a layer of baking soda at the bottom on the can will help absorb odors, and stop them from permeating your kitchen. You can also purchase scented trash bags which hide bad smells and give off a fresh scent.
3. Odors can also escape your fridge, so keep an open box of baking soda in your fridge to absorb them. Remember to replace it with a new one every 2 or 3 months. You can also place baking soda under the kitchen sink, behind your stove, or in any other areas that tend to get dank and moldy.
4. If your garbage disposal is letting off a bad scent you can cut up a lemon and grind it up in the disposal. This not only helps neutralize the bad odors, but will also release a light, lemony scent in your kitchen.
5. Always keep a carpet and upholstery odor neutralizer on hand to spray on spills and messes, especially if you have pets. Just make sure it’s safe for the fabrics your plan to use it on. We love Petastic Stain & Odor Remover. Not only does it work great, it’s also environmentally friendly, which is awesome.
6. Scented candles, potpourri and reed diffusers are great for giving off wonderful smells, but don’t overuse them or your home will just smell overpowering. Too much of a good smell can be a bad thing. If you find yourself in a pinch, you can also simmer cinnamon sticks and a few cloves in water on the stove to give off a wonderfully fragrant smell.
Of course, nothing beats bad odors like giving your home a good, thorough cleaning on a regular basis. Happy cleaning!